View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
you can substitute for fixed aftermarket halo headlights for pretty cheap. You save a lot of weight and they don't take up any space below the headlight itself. I bought a set but have yet to install them so I can't offer any opinions. I can't seem to find a link for the ones I bought but never installed.

chaser aero sells the housing only without lights. This would use a Piaa 1100x style x4

bought here: Headlight Housings | S13 [CL-S13(CF)] - $299.00 : Chaser Aerodynamics, LLC.

The east bear setup is too expensive in my opinion.

I have used both Piaa 1100x and Catz MSX driving lights as headlights before and they did fine.
These things have 3 problems :
1/ they clearly are not road legal; but unlike engine mods, these can be seen miles away and will get you pulled all the time.
2/ they are expensive, and the OP is on a budget.
3/ they dont work. If you expect to see something at night, dont get these. but then, if you dont care about night vision, just ditch the headlights, dont spend 300$ on housings + another 100$ on bulbs and wiring.

@OP get an ebay FMIC. Problem solved for less than buying new headlights that dont work.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote