Thread: CA 1989 240sx
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Terence_Frazier

Trader Rating: (0)
Terence_Frazier is an unknown quantity at this point
1989 240sx

Background:
this is my first love/car. I got this car 3 years ago and it was stolen this christmas eve :/ and I thought I would never see the car again but here she is and now i want to start a project all over. (The rims were taken, stereo, and battery.)
the parts may not be top of the line but I am a college student working on a budget so I just made sure I did not skimp out on the motor build.
Im a straight up shooter anything you want to know I will tell you I have nothing to hide. I got the car when I was 17 so of course I thought I was fast and the furious but I was also kind of cautious so I never took RPMs that high since I daily drove the car. Since the new build I have done 2 pulls with my buddy in his SOHC but that is it.

Really want to trade for a coupe or s14 but willing to check other things out. As far as price goes just shoot me and offer I see too many people talking shit about prices if i feel its a lowball ill just say "no thank you"

***any questions hit me up 661-373-3517***
***if im forgetting something text me. I will answer quickly and tell you***
GOODS
-KA24E block bored .20 over.
-Head port & polished.
-Brand new gasket kit with, oil pump and pistons.
-All bearings are std.
-Block has been hot tanked, bored .20 over, powerhoned, all threads have been rethreaded for proper torque readings.
-Head has been acid dipped and bead blasted.
-all interior is present
-transmission is in great condition
-motor is rebuilt
-tires are brand new
-open diff (so it was not beat to shit)
-tune up done (but i would change oil soon since the oil i out was cheap thin oil just to run through the rebuild while I break in the motor.)

CONS
-Cracks on dash (what 89 doesn't?)
-dents (3 noticeable dents the bastards that stolen my car did it)
-a/c heater blow only throught the defroster for some reason. was working fine and one day it just would not switch and blow straight out)
-needs paint its plasti dipped for the moment (unless its a drift slut then who cares)
-open diff (depends on your preference)
-SOHC ( not a con to me but people knock the single cam. My intentions were to build it up to just eat JDM fan boys. thats what the turbo kits for)
-car idles loopy due to the intake ports
Motor:
-completely rebuilt SOHC all new internals and motor is completely balanced (200 miles on the build, car was stolen 5 days after I finished the build)
-CX racing radiator (brand new)
-will be including a an almost complete turbo kit (needs BOV)
-no name headers (pretty good quality)
-ebay exhaust (sounds GREAT! not ricey and never had cop problems with it. actually had a cop tell me he loved the sound "it doesnt sound like those shit hondas I see")

Suspension:
-Emusa coilovers (500 miles)
-stock suspension (can have if you want)

Steering:
-rack and pinion (brand new)
-will include brand new front strut rod bushings)

Last edited by Terence_Frazier; 01-14-2013 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: update pics
Terence_Frazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links