Thread: noob question
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by continental View Post
Well I'm getting the g20 Sr so I didn't know if they had one or not, but I guess I'll wait or break the law thanks guys
I think you have a 240sx and trying to make legal with SR20DE from G20?

First of all, if you are not even sure if G20 came with SR or not then don't even bother read below and request Mod to close this thread.

Hope you understand G20 is FWD and 240sx is RWD therefore it won't be straight bolt on. also you will have to hook up all the emission equipment in order to pass not only Smog test, Smog Referee to have inspect your vehicle to make it legal swap.

in case your car is newer than 1996 than you will have to worry about OBD2 as well.. At the end, it won't be turbo charged SR20 anyways ?

Quote:
Engine changes are legal as long as the following requirements are met to ensure that the change does not increase pollution from the vehicle:

*The engine must be the same year or newer than the vehicle.
*The engine must be from the same type of vehicle (passenger car, light-duty truck, heavy-duty truck, etc.) based on gross vehicle weight.
*If the vehicle is a California certified vehicle then the engine must also be a California certified engine.
*All emissions control equipment must remain on the installed engine.

After an engine change, vehicles must first be inspected by a state referee station. The vehicle will be inspected to ensure that all the equipment required is in place, and vehicle will be emissions tested subject to the specifications of the installed engine.
before shit storm heats your thread, give up trying to do legal SR20'd 240sx.
you will end up spending $ and time which you could have bought a nice new car with.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote