View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #62
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMat View Post
You are more than welcome to state your opinions but I would advise people to take your information with a grain of salt as you have not even attempted to test our product yourself. GTMat is located in Texas and the majority of installations have been in Texas where, as you know, summers can hit up to 115 degrees. We have several employee vehicles that were covered in GTMat during the summer and have not had any type of melting issues. We have also shipped samples to California and Arizona in the summer and have not had any reports of melting from these customers. As far as an asphalt smell, our product has been engineered to have very little to no smell. Most of the free sample users who reported a smell, noted that it was hardly noticeable and dissipated after a few hours of installation.

Take a look at our test video and feel free to call me when you are ready to give us an honest review.
And by the way, it's ma'am and I will be installing GTMat on my 370Z doors this week. I'd be happy to take a video for you showing the temperature here and what not if you wish.

You are more than welcome to request a free sample and let us know your thoughts. Give me a call if you want one. I'd like to state the we are not out to deceive customers about our product. We know there are better options but they may not work with a budget that has been set.
I'm not one to make excuses; so with the utmost of respect to you, I apologize for being so brash. The guy up there was correct- your synopsis of your product was very honest; and I find it admirable that you even recommend higher-end, butyl-based deadeners over your own to those with fewer budgetary constraints.

Also- thank you for offering me sample in spite of how crappy I came off. Right now, I have no need. However, in the event I ever decide to build a second keeper, I may consider taking you up on it.

--Mike