View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Guilty1s
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Guilty1s is an unknown quantity at this point
Start with what you need.
-VQ35DE motor. A revup should be 99% the same swap. HR is another story but will be extremely similar

-350z/G35 transmission. One should know that the 03 trans (cd001) had a lot of 3rd gear issues. I would put money on it. 04-06(cd009) is the way to go.

-ECU/harness. Now you have some matching to do. In 04.5, they changed to wideband O2s for the fronts. Your harness must match your ECU. 03-04.5 has a 4pin 02 sensor up front. 04.5-05 uses a 6 pin plug. 06 and 05 track editions have revup motors and need the revup ECU and harness anyways.

- Your ECU need to be flash to remove NATs. Any shop that used UpRev tuning can do it but I highly recommend Jon Parham from Z1 Motorsports. One of the most honest and courteous shops I have ever dealt with. 250 out the door. You can do shipping too. He will even make you a deal and take the 250 on the flash towards what it would cost if your brought your car in to get a flash and tune.

- 350z/g35 accelerator pedal - Mounts in the stock position. I had to alter the bend in my pedal slightly to light up with the rest.

- Driveshaft. Get a custom one made. The yoke can be very hard to find. But with the magic part number, it is cake. Spicer part 7091. Rear flange for whatever diff you may be using. I wouldn't pay more the 300 for one.

- Mounts. McKinney Makes some.... some guy on ebay copied them. They worked for me. Here

- Shifter bracket -This guy designed and actually sells them to McKinney and Zfever and Vqswap.com Here Great guy to deal with and the actual product is FLAWLESS!!!! You can make one yourself if you want.

- Fuel system. You will need an upgraded fuel pump. Walbro is simple and cheap. Now, the 350z uses a returnless system that has the fuel pressure regulated through the fuel pump. You need to setup a return system. I for now used the stock line. Added one of these on the end of the fuel rail to a aeromotive FPR. Now I read somewhere that the fuel pressure is static at I forgot what PSI, but that should mean that you DONT hook up the vacuum line to the AFPR.

- Harness from the 240sx. It shouldn't matter obd1 or 2 but I do think there is a difference in the F3 plug in Zenki/Kouki. Same idea though, just different pins. You actually don't need much at all of the harness, just the f3 plug and what is attached to it.

- OBD2 pigtail from 350z or g35. I found mine on a newer Sentra I think. As long as it has pins 4,5,8,14,16.

- Cooling system. There are so many ways you can do it, I'm not going to tell you how. All and all, you need a radiator and electronic fans and hoses to wrap it all up. How you route them is up to you. I am using a stock style radiator with just rerouted hoses. When I do my tube front end I will put the outlet/inlet ports in the correct spots (Passenger top/ Drivers bottom). E-fans, wire them how you want. There is many ways you can do it.

Last edited by Guilty1s; 10-10-2012 at 02:51 AM..
Guilty1s is offline   Reply With Quote