Midnight Shift
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Midnight Shift is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
How did you make the move to Japan?
I'm on the JET Programme which is a government teaching job at junior high and elementary schools! It's great if you want to live in Japan, drive a mean car, have a job that pays well and you'll be prepared to live in Japanese society should you try and pursue something else afterwards! Plus, if you live in the middle of nowhere, your Japanese skills will get killer, as your English skills will deteriorate! I would NOT recommend working for an English conversation school (unless you know for a fact that they are legit...) because most of the time they will try and screw you out of paying for your medical insurance...

Regardless if you teach English or work at a regular company, if your not married to a citizen or fall under a special visa category, you'll have to have a university degree to get a visa and a job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune1241 View Post
I really want help finding an fd over there lol, so if anyone has any tips, let me know.
If your going to be schoolin' in a big city...unless you're rich (and you might be...) having a car is going to be overkill! You'll have to pay anywhere from 10,000 yen to 60,000 yen a month JUST for a parking spot...plus you'll tack on a huge expense if the car you get doesn't have a valid vehicle inspection (here is my guide to doing it yourself for cheap!) plus gas is 7 bucks a gallon (160-170 yen/liter!!!!!!) and as we all know the FD's are shit on gas consumption! PLUS, driving in a big city, the highway fees are expensive...but that's where you can find some mean cars cruising late at night....

However, I don't want to KILL your dream...Here is where I would recommend you buy your FD in Osaka...AUTO SPORT RABBIT...These guys are LEGIT! All they sell are FD's, FC's and RX-8's....I was an envelope full of cash close to buying one there about two years ago...but I got a killer deal on my S13 that I couldn't refuse!

Last edited by Midnight Shift; 08-29-2012 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: originally misquoted!
Midnight Shift is offline   Reply With Quote