Old 07-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #16
beanzphour
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
beanzphour is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to beanzphour
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90S13Pilot View Post
I just picked up my 240 that has a seized sr20 and am debating either buying a "fresh" rebuild from the marketplace, or just ordering all the parts for a rebuild and having a machine shop locally do it. It seems like a lot of risk getting a build from someone and not knowing if it works until you start it... if it starts.

So would you rather

A. Buy a rebuild from someone in the marketplace that has a lot of money put into it.

B. Build your own from scratch so you know everything has been done correctly and have peace of mind.

option two is the right answer but since you are here asking this question on zilvia i take it you don't know what your doing so i recommend you sell the car and motor for as much as you can get, then go down to your nearest scion dealership and get you one of those new fr-s with a good warranty plan. so you dont have to worry about motor issue for a while and call it a day.THAT WAY YOU WONT FEEL AS BAD WHEN YOUS SEE A SEXY AS 240 ROLL BY YOU AT THE LIGHT. you can still brag to your friends about your drifting skill and look forward to upgrades you purchase online, with a piece of mind knowing that your still in the import world but just not a Honda.