Thread: RB FAQ
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #907
Superaison
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Superaison is an unknown quantity at this point
Just noticed this thread... damn. Just did a RB25DET Series 1 swap in my 1995 240SX SE.

My 2 cents on the swap(I did do lots.. lots and lots of research.. but I learned the most from actually doing the swap)

I got my motor from Zerolift with their swap package (engine, mounts, driveshaft).

But my biggest problem was I REALLY didn't want to use conversion angle crap brackets to hold my engine i just spent thousands on.

So I asked myself, why can't I use their trans mount with the R33 Crossmember that I picked up? Only way to find out is to try. So I did and Well, to sum it up.. NO you can't just BOLT IN the r33 xmember and expect everything to be sweet(Yes it will fit though after hammering firewall, but it needs adjusted) You MUST bring the engine back an inch (and down an inch). The shifter was about an inch forward and the zerolift bracket didn't line up on the trans.

What I did

Redrilled the engine mount holes on the crossmember one inch back towards the firewall.

The shifter was right in the middle, and the zerolift tranny mount bolted up perfectly, and as did the driveshaft. Steering shaft clearence sucks, but its not hitting, I have yet to drop my engine an inch and see how its clearing.

The wiring aspect is EASY, seriously( The hardest part is making sure wires aren't too short or too long, and fixing any damaged plugs or pins[all my pins were pulled from my o2 and my oil pres plug had the yellow pin pulled lmfao]). I may post my own complete writeup if I have time. I reached some tricky parts due to lack of information but figured it out with the help of the fsm.
Superaison is offline   Reply With Quote