View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
So the next time I went back Peter had riveted the inner guard to the new lip on the outside already and cut the excess off. The origin panel had been stuck on with afew self tappers to line it all up and see how it fitted. It was actually better than I thought when we did our bodge tape on method which was a pleasant surprise, usually its the other way around. :P

Looking up in the guard at the new riveted inner guard with the widebody panel on.

Lots of tiny cuts mean over all the whole thing can have a nice rounded transition. This will all get tied together with urethane paste once its done so it wont fill up with water.

The gap to the outer guard will be covered with a new section of fiberglass.

How the panel will sit.

You can see a dip in the back of the panel. Average glass work, will need to be skimmed with bog. =/

So while we were there with the guard on I thought we'd try on one of the 19x11 -9 SSR rims I'd ordered for a Mate of mine. At full droop this looks like it wont quite fit but once the suspension is compressed it should easily. I've heard the S15 rear subframe pushes everything out 15mm odd further each side though so I'll need to get that in before I can do a proper fitment and order some wheels.

I wish we could have jacked the wheel up. But nothing was handy to do it with that didnt risk damage.

There is a good 25mm or so space on the inside to the strut helped by the 19" size though. I'll probably stick with 18" wheels though so this might be a much tighter squeeze when it gets to ordering wheels. I'll have to wait and see though.

More soon! =)

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote