Thread: S/C Xterra info
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
the x terra is really a z31 300zx vg30 motor bored out to 3.3L

They changed the cam/crank gear to rounded notches instead of square ones and stuck on a slightly different belt to accommodate. Thats about all there is different.

pretty reliable motors if maintained.
I think I remember my friend telling me that, when he was building his Z31 he used an intake manifold from a Pathfinder or Xterra because it had longer runners and would yield more torque.

Fucking fuck, my budget isn't much more than $5,500 and the one I'm looking at is listed at $7,995. What's funny is kbb private party value (which is what you can expect to pay Joe Blow on the street) is $5,600 for one excellent condition, BUT retail (what you can expect to pay at a dealer, which is the biggest bunch of bullshit), is $7,000ish. It's crap, all because they offer on site financing they can run the price up. I wanna walk in there and throw down $5k cash and tell em to take it or I'll come back everyday and harass them until they take it. Here's a horrible craigslist pic of the victim in question. . .

With a set of these I think it would look baller.

Which would look something like this (yes I know it's a different year model Xterra). . .

Or these (yes I'm a Enkei wheels fan!)

I'm really dorking out here, what do you guys think of the wheel choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Are those Volk replicas? Looks great!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote