View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #139
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyhow an update on what was working on the next few days which was the rear subframe still. I've finished linaging off off the factory welding blobbage now. Spent the better part of a whole day removing the subframe bushes. Finally got them out though with some help from Tim and Andrew, cheers!

The next day I went through the weld on subframe kit I got and worked out where all the bits go. You can see how this will make a difference to the strength of the frame but gusseting just about everything. The next step is tracing out where they go and cleaning off all the paint of the frame +bits to be welded.

Pics.

Core drill

We ended up having much more sucess with the others by first drilling out the rubber with a 10mm drill bit then using the core drill with water and wd40 for lubeness.

First one took the same amount of time as the other three did total cause we didnt drill it first. Also mad way more mess cause of all the heat.

As you can see here =)

I was to focussed on getting these out to get any during shots. I'm never doing this job again though it sucked major balls (hairy ones)

All out, had a celebratory beer.

Not sure if we'll use this piece yet as its doubtful if its going to add much rigidity and it weighs abit.

The subframe bushes need to go into the freezer to shrink them as much as possible to help get them in.

Cleaning of the paint ready to be welded.

Deleted a stock tab/bracket welded onto the subframe too as we wont need it anymore.

More updates next week.

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote