View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSR20Kid View Post
This! Dude itd be too expensive for our broke dick government to put this shit in every car. The only way they could do it is to make auto manufacturers install it on new cars as it states they are doing, u think GM's gonna do that ish for free, no they'll most likely tack it on to the price of these new cars and ppl would have to be idiots to pay more money to have the government spy on them in their own car... With that being said I wouldn't be surprised it the automotive lobbyists will beat this into submission. Cus after all wouldn't this affect sales? I know I would opt for a pre 2015 car if this were the case

Another thing is that they are gonna have to pay to have ppl listen in on all the recordings... That ain't gonna be cheap either, way to go Feds! Les climb into more spending on more bullshit we don't need.

But whatever if they go ahead and do this shit, I'll be relocating to the great white north
Way to not read. Two posts up it says all new cars from 2015 on. It's also an event data recorder. It's like a black box in your car, only accessed in the case of an accident or likely getting arrested for a major traffic violation. Most new cars already have these, they save basic data (throttle position, stability control intervention, etc.) for the last 12 seconds or so. This act only standardizes what is recorded and for how long. I would imagine it also gives the government access to it whenever they want.