View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoPlsr View Post
False. All s13/s14/z32 rear lower control arm ball joints have the same taper; all uprights are interchangeable in that respect.
hey 235 post, you're wrong. the ball joints are different. according to my notes which i measured with my own caliper:

S13/S14/S15
Front Diameter = 41mm

S14/S15
Rear Diameter = 41mm

S13
Rear Diameter = 38mm

i had my s13 spindles powdercoated only to find out that i was unable to use them with my s15 subframe and OE lower control arms, so off to the dumpster they went. i now run s14 spindles. even when you go s14 5-lug on the front of an s13, the front ball joints need to be changed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
s15/s14 kouki subframes also have extra bracing
incorrect. some s14 subframes have minor reinforcements, others do not. the reinforcements are negligible though, i would prefer adding my own gussets as the OE ones are minuscule.

damn people, get yer shit straight. you all know i'm the fuckin KING around here. :-)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote