View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
No prob, good luck.

And as great as the gt2871 is for SR's you may want to save up a little bit more and wait a bit to see how the gtx2867 does. That should put out more power and spool faster too but nobody has proven this on a dyno yet as far as I know.

I know I'll be considering selling my gt2871 and getting a gtx2867 once there are some user reviews and I've taken care of other things on my car first.

Hoffman5982:
I know I wrote a lot so it's easy to miss but I hypothesized this came down to my porting. Suppose my porting was good, that means my engine was flowing more air and thus the turbo would have to flow more to maintain the same pressure vs a stock head. Also I had solid lifters shimmed very tight and poncams; that combination brings about a lot of lift which means more flow and yet again, makes it harder for the turbo to keep up.

The reason I suspect you have not seen other people run into this problem is because these modifications are generally reserved for higher power setups. I mean, how many people have you seen go through the trouble of solid lifters and porting just for a small s15 turbo? That's usually reserved for setups with big turbos that have the capability to flow more and thus it goes unnoticed.

Then again it could have just been my wastegate blowing open lol. But I highly doubt that since the shop I was dynoing at happened to have an adjustable preload wastegate off of a gt2871 that I swapped over. I put that one on, tightened it up for a lot of preload pressure and it still had the same problem keeping up. So I'm gonna put my money on it being caused by increased head-flow
LuckyX2 is offline   Reply With Quote