View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicelyphe View Post
What are the possibilities to cut down on electric noise/motor noise through audio, for example a CarPC set-up. When the PC is OFF there is high frequencies coming from the speakers in relation to the amount of RPMs the motor is at.
In my experience, which is a lot at this point, CarPC's usually have poor ground isolation. So I'm not surprised if you are having issues. Any decent car audio component will have good ground isolation properties. Which if installed correctly will lead to a noise free listening experience. In the case of the CarPC, the engineers didn't put as much focus on sound quality and noise rejection as much as what Alpine engineers would. So some simple questions first:
  • Did you run your RCA's for the amplifier down the opposite side of the vehicle from the power wire?
  • Where is your ground for the CarPC and the amplifier?
  • If you unplug the RCA's from the amplifier do you still have the noise?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie View Post
Since I've heard you have alarm knowledge.

A Circuit City installed alarm (Python I believe).

Worked fine, then 5speed swap happened. Ever since the doors lock themselves when the car is turned off, as well as locking back 1 second after you hit the unlock button on the key fob.

Would assume it was a wire going to the AT shifter or something, but I suck at wiring/electronics.
It has nothing to do with the transmission. I don't know what a 5-speed swap involves, but something got messed up, a wire pinched etc.

Do the doors lock correctly when you hit the lock button on the Python?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyneyoungstunna View Post
You built a 240sx in the "post your interior thread" I have always wondered about the popup speedometer you had on there. have you ever come across one of the windshield units?
The unit I used was the Defi-Link VSD-X. Which was discontinued in 2010. The unit that displays on the windshield is the Defi-Link Display VSD Concept. Which was discontinued in 2007. You can find both of them on Ebay from time-to-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanfreak317 View Post
I have seen you "refinish" oem hard plastic interior pieces like door handles and stuff. Do you use some kind of polish for that? Mine are beat up and don't look nice at all anymore.

How about polishing the oem plastic cover for the gauge clusters?

Do you perform these tasks for money?
As for any hard plastic pieces, I simply clean them up and paint them with the SEM Color Coat product. I use either Landau Black or Satin Black. The charge would depend on what all you want done.

Polishing the cluster glass is a lot more work. I wet sand it inside and out with 1200 grit, then 1500 and finally 2000. I then polish both sides with an air polisher with four different stages of Pinnacle product... #4, #3, #2 and finishing with #1. I charge $50 to polish the glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakotanGazelle View Post
Do you think you can post some pictures of your notched RLCA setup to fit your 11j VSKFs on stock body? And what would be a good sound system setup (4 speakers, a sub and amplifier) for under 300?
The next time I have the wheel(s) off I will try to remember to snap a couple pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
What type of flat/stain black paint do you use to finish interior pieces? I believe it's made by 3M?
I use the SEM Color Coat line... mainly Satin Black and Landau Black. They are very close to each other... the Landau Black is a tad bit richer.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote