View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #36
Kaomon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (77)
Kaomon is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, honestly out of all the forums I frequent to, this is by far the worst one in dealing with flaming, trolling, and etc. People just flame for no apparent reason here all time, including the most redundant and pointless issues, ie:bad spelling, grammar,trash talking, and so forth. I guess due to the demographic and age group within the 240sx/drifting community is within the sub-40 group including myself so therefore it would contribute to the immaturity within the forum (one out of numerous reasons). Funny how it is, I actually just took a course on communication within computer mediated technology and it's funny how the course parallels with what goes on here; it's quite interesting and sooo true lol.

In regards to you're car, I can see your dilemma. Obviously how the car is modded, I can tell that you're probably one generation older than me. (I love the 90's lol) Honestly speaking with all the people complaining on how you can spend $50K, I can totally understand how you can reach such limits. It's so shocking how you can rack up so much money in the end when you reflect back into it, however in the process/moment you don't even think about it. You just see it as a "want" and want to reach that goal to make your car to your likings and by doing so you piss your money away (don't we all lol).

Anyways onto advice, again you're in a pretty tough dilemma, and as far I see from your previous post that you're content on taking a loss, because in the end there's no way you can recoupe all the money back. I suppose if I was in your shoes, I would at first attempt to sell it out right for the most I can get (especially if you don't have time to waste to part everything out since time=money these days). Though if you are to choose this path, be EXPECTED to possibly take an up to the ~80% loss of what you spent oversall, especially in this market and the way the car is modded is not up to the "social standards" of today. Though if you're lucky, you can always find an ignorant teen with rich parents to buy it at a higher price lol. If down the line no bites, then I suppose you can take the option of sadly parting it out. This is the most time consuming as you 1. need to make time to disassemble everything and 2. need time to sell those items which in the end may resort taking even more time (posting on the internet, taking pictures- which is clearly something you're not too familiar with lol, going to the post office to ship items out, meeting potential buyers, dealing with "flakers" or cheap ass people lol, which all constitute time). Though if you don't have a problem dealing with than, I guess it would work. And then once all the parts are gone, you're probably gonna end up with the chassis last. With that you can sell it (ranges anywhere from $500 to sub $2000 depending on how straight the body is and the evil menace= rust lol) which I understand the paint alone costs $10K+ so you gotta except that loss. If not, you can always donate the chassis and get a tax break, which is always helpful. Or you can just keep the chassis due to sentimental value or refusal to let it go at such a low price and hold onto it. Then after your daughter graduates from college, it can be you're "mid-life" crisis toy/project again and resurrect it again to make you feel younger hahaha.

Remember, family is by far the most important thing in your life than material needs. In the end family members can't be replaced, but old 240's can. I tip my hat off to ya. I hope this helps, good luck!! Also make sure that your daughter makes college worthwhile and making you not regret spending money on tuition for her to over-indulge in college life, which can have the potential to set up many teens up for failure/dropout by partying instead of studying. I sure did learn my lesson lol!

Good Luck!
Kaomon is offline   Reply With Quote