View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #34
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Im going to pretty much agree with what everyone else has said. This forum can be good and bad, but it certainly helps that you come across as a knowledgable and educated person. If you have a real problem, youre most likely going to get a few people that truly want to help here. All of the dickheads are purely for your entertainement (or somebody elses).

I will agree with Toby, thats a tough car to try to sell outright. I see the money in it, and I appreciate it, but 99% of the people that are into 240's these days are NOT into that style. The car seems, well, pretty dated to say the least. It just scream early-2000's show-car scene. Its going to be tough to find the right buyer, somebody that has that exact style that you do and somebody that has the ability to drop $15k in cash on a mid-90's economy car (because bank financing is out of the question). If youre looking for a ballpark to sell it for, I would expect NO MORE than $15k from the perfect buyer, and I would be truly surprised to see you fetch that.

The cars that sell well for $15k + are usually built extensively in regards to more universal things like performance and handling. They usually have top-dollar builds on engine and suspension and allow the buyer to tailor the styling more to their specific tastes. Your vehicle has way too much money into styling that frankly not many people enjoy anymore.

Please do not take my comments offensively. I see that you are trying to do the right thing. Modding cars is never a great investment, or even a mildly good one at that. Good luck with whatever path you choose, and thanks again for posting in a manner that the educated person can comprehend.