View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #79
Bbsalexaz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Bbsalexaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out ppg. They make straight cut gears for the Z32.

Quote:
Here's what Steve @ PPG sent me when I asked about pricing:

"Thanks for your enquiry.

If you don’t want the DOG engagement then I would recommend the 1-4 Helical Synchro. This set is rated to 900HP and the ratios sit at 2.621 / 1.637 / 1.240 / 1.000. The Dog set is a little more heavy duty for higher horsepower cars.*

Pricing as follows:*

GTR GTSt 1st – 4th Helical Cut Synchro: $5280 AUD
GTR GTSt 1st -4th Helical Cut Dog: $6600 AUD
GTR GTSt 5speed Straight Cut Dog: $9020 AUD
Billet Mainshaft: $1210 AUD*

Please note that shipping is not included, and please let me know if you have further questions or would like to place an order."

I ordered the 5spd Straight Cut Dog plus the Billet Mainshaft, I also ordered a custom fifth gear as their 0.839 is too short for me, they went to a 0.752 so I could keep the rpms down on the highway for a little bit extra.

Gearset w/ billet slector forks: $8243.50AUD
Billet Mainshaft: $1089.00AUD
Shipping To Canada: $345AUD

So it was $9677.50 shipped Australian... It certainly isn't cheap, but the quality on this stuff is amazing. He offered me a 10% discount, I'm sure he can do the same for you.

Stuff that should be replaced: Bearings and seals, your transmission shop can get this. A couple items will need to be machined as well, the thrust washer, and the front cover that goes over the input shaft (forget what it's called).

There's one more thing though, the input shaft on this is a 1 1/8" 26 spline item (same as Hollinger), so you will need a clutch for that application. Luckily, Carbonetic makes a center hub for my carbon clutch just for this application for the gtr, it's on the way from Japan right now."

From a member on 300zx club.