View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
robots
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
robots is an unknown quantity at this point
Day 7 September 23rd
Pretty much done on the roll cage. I wish we could use more time on that. But its a race against time

Finished assymbling the rear suframe and fitted on car. 2 calipers on each side + driftworks knuckles a present from my friend.
Should be pretty good for drifting haha

Test fitted the turbo and tried the 2jz-ge+t down pipe. Should work out pretty good,

Day 8 September 24
More pics of the turbo. Look at the double flappers. Haha. This thing has some mighty actuator opening at 2bar.
Had do ditch all that crap and run it wastegate. Which was the original idea.

Guy is doing his magic. Doing the wiring. He is pro and this job is for him. He tunes HKS Vpros.

Got some ideas from SerialNine X8 a long time ago. Just couldn't realise it earlier.
Also twin wastegates. Chinese 38mm. Which seezed a couple times at the drift event. Making a f**king hussle.
Unbolt, disassamble, sand the valve neck assamble put back in. Don't wanna do that every time right ? )))
I'm cheap ass.

Ended modifying the front crossmember. Moved the steering rack mounts forward by 2.5cm to help cure the stuck steering at lock.
Hate that. Shit worked and I'm happy.

Day 9 September 25
Front suspension fit - ok! Crossmember in - ok! Engine in - ok)))
Now was the weak part: doing the driveshaft. No one really knows how to do one. And no balancers around.
There was a 3cm gap between toyota input shaft and nissan rear. I first wanted to make a flange to mate the two together.
But that would take time which we didn't have. Decided to get the nissan flange out and pressed in toyota one and welded shut.
Worked out just right. Redid the driveshaft mount. Worked no problems even past 100mph or 180kph.
Liked how it went.

Nice ghetto style

robots is offline   Reply With Quote