View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #3710
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
That's been known for quite some time now.

Even modifying the stock chuki bumper support to use a Kouki 180sx bumper foam requires very little work. Drill out a few spot welds to remove the two corner sections and you're pretty much done.

For 100% OEM fitment, I decided to buy all of the proper brackets. No modding required. Plus, they come with all new rubber on them. Everyone isn't as anal about OEM fitment as I am. So, using Chuki bumper brackets is definitely a cheaper alternative.

Do the kouki brackets actually do their job? I was talking to ray at Westco about it and he said I might try to bend the brackets to support the bumper better. I guess it tends to buckle. My horrible fitment seems to make sense now. Especially since my fender is pinched.
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote