Old 06-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #21
cbh148
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
cbh148 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinkrunk View Post
Just so you know:

crown vics have a ~70.5mm hub centerbore and 240sx's have 66.1 so a hubcentric ring may be necessary to prevent wheel balance issues
So I'd need hub centric rings with ^those^ inner/outer diameters? I just want to make sure I order the right rings the first time.

Taken from Crownvic.net:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder
1995 and new 240SX has a 5 on 114.3 (4.5") bolt pattern with a 66.06mm hub bore. In Theory the wheels will fit and if you get a hub-centric ring 66.06mm ID and 70.5mm OD, you'll have less chance of vibration. Only thing is the offset may get you and the rims may stick out too far. I'm not sure what a stock 240SX's offset is.
So I'm guessing these rims don't use "acorn" or "conical" style lug nuts which would center the wheel by the lugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
these have been cool for a while.

low cars (on a budget) fair well with these.
Exactly what I have in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Offset View Post
funny shit. i've been pondering these as spares once i go 5 lug. 16 inch tires are practically given away too.

found this link if you want a new set. not amazingly cheap, but a BUTT LOAD better than sportmax rota etc for the price.

16" Ford Crown Victoria Sport Style Wheels Brand New | eBay
Those are the ones I'll probably end up buying. I've asked a bunch of locals with Crown Vics to sell theirs but every time they go to say no, their dentures fall out.

I've even had wanted ads up in 3 cities on Craigslist trying to get a set but the one caller I got wanted like $600. Like hell Montel.

Still needing to know if I'm seeing spacers around the hub nuts in those pics I posted earlier!