View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14tan View Post
Not a bad start man.
Thanks man! Since I started working on the car in the winter alot has happened with the car since then. I dont know why but I waited to put started the build thread. Now I just need to catch up with all the photos so where i currently stand.

After the subframe and arms were painted the rlca got some new balljoints.

While making my way down the chassis I found some expected rust. Where the jack point is on the rear passenger side was all chewed up, a hole along the rocker panel on the passenger side and a hole in the floor pan under the gas pedal..guess I got a heavy foot haha.

All the rest of the areas didn't look too bad so once again I took the wire wheel to everything and cleaned it off.

To repair the jack point and part of the frame we first started by getting as much rust out as possible. After that I grinded down whatever was left. We then took a steel plate and started to mock up a replacement section

Here's the custom piece we made to fit in the rusted spot.

Making sure everything fits nice.

New piece welded in ! On the top on the metal piece you can see the hole from the factory. Unfortuanly the mig wleder gun couldn't reach so I bought some POR Putty, mixed it up and placed it on the parts where we couldn't run a bead. Within an hour it was rock hard. Whats nice about this stuff is its water proof and can bond to nearly everthing.

MORE PICS AND UPDATES TO COME! THANKS FOR LOOKING !