View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
This past winter the car went up on jackstands and rebuilding started. I figured i start on the rear end first and make way towards the front.

I started pulling apart the rear end by taking off the the lights and bumper, and also dropping the complete rear end.

Part of the plan was to completely coat the underside of the chassis and most of the rear with POR-15 rust preventive paint.

After grinding down any rust and prepping the rear with the required solutions, Marine Clean and Metal Ready, I was ready to start painting.

After the rear was finished I moved on to the underside. I removed the gas tank, took off all the brake and fuel lines, removed any cracked undercoating and grinded down any surface rust using a wire wheel.

All painted up using 4 coats of POR

The subframe along with the all the oem suspension arms and the hubs/knuckles were then prepped and painted. I also cut out the subframe bushings since they were broken.

After the subframe was coated with the POR, I used one of POR's top coats called Chassis Black. Thats the black you see on the bottom of the subframe.

A first coat on the hubs and knuckles.

New Energy Suspension polyurethane subframe bushings

Last edited by S14Driftr91; 05-28-2011 at 01:14 AM..
S14Driftr91 is offline   Reply With Quote