View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #179
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28ricer View Post
My suggestion, skip the crate motor and get a used pullout, the mileage on them is going to be plenty low, piecing all that stuff together for the crate motor is extra headache.

As far as the harness goes, there are universal harnesses on ebay, that make a great choice for one to modify, as the oem harnesses often come off the engine and an un-desireable corner, or just plain dont have enough length from the engine to the pcm connectors, the universal ones on ebay come off the rh rear of the engine, and have enough length to route stock style along the firewall and through into the dash, leaving only minimal changes needed to make a "as close to oem as possible" s-chassis LSx swap harness.
Too bad used pull-outs are not common at all. LS1 sure, but not LS3's. Or they are selling the entire front clip of a C6... which I don't have the funds, space or time to dick with parting it all out.

As for the harness, I'll just make it whatever length I need... it's not that big of a deal. I have dealt with automotive wiring for a living for the last 18 years, so it's a walk in the park. I'll still look at this so called harness on Ebay though... just to see what it is you are talking about.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote