View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #162
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5upra View Post
Unless you are getting some sort of deal on the crate motor, then your going to over pay for what you could have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I'm still surprised you want the crate engine route, especiallly considering how cheap you can build a junkyard 6.0 to your specs. In the same respect I can appreciate the 'crate warranty' but I'd sooner get a junkyard 6.0, throw a cam/valvetrain/heads on it, and go from there. I'm sure the 6500 cost could easily be 'beat' but (again as before) I can appreciate the 'done now/install tomorrow' aspect.
I'm with these gents. I've helped many customers make their V8 dreams come true, from the budget guy to the brand new, forged 402ci LS2 guy who then decides to throw 10psi from a Vortec T-trim at it. While I disagree with Cody on the 6.0 being the ideal N/A motor choice (weighs 80lbs more than alum block LS1/2/3/etc), I have had this discussion approx 1x10^10 times.

Crate motors are a lose/lose to me, and anyone else who does this for a living - you're paying "built motor" prices but getting an OEM engine. Zero miles with forged internals and balanced/blueprinted by hand, and built specifically for your needs, or zero miles with cast internals, not balanced, not blueprinted, never been looked at by an engine builder? Then you STILL have to buy accessories separately?!?

Unless you're going LS7 or LS9 (which are hand built, and still a total rip off except for the namesake), I'd say crate motors are for suckers. If you need some pointers on what stuff costs and where to go, I'd be more than happy to give you some food for thought via email/PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenooblet View Post
Who is going to do your wiring? Or are you going to do it yourself?
That's a good question (I did nooblet's), I assume you're doing it all yourself? Were you going to buy a new aftermarket harness, make one, or buy an OEM harness to modify?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote