View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #27
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
Why did the roommate have to have done this on purpose? If you lived in a dorm then you know how things go right? What if five guys were hanging out in a room and ravi busts in pissed off because his sleep is being interupted. Knowing he left his cam on he decides to check out whats up. Before you know it there is hooting and hollering and 100 people on multiple floors are watching this. Simple mistake rolled out of control. Why does it have to be a cold calculated plan? The second encounter could have just been peer pressure on Ravi's part. or maybe he leaves his cam on regularly.
um, stop making random shit up.

first time, gay suicide kid asks ravi to leave room. ravi says okay. ravi goes to molly's room, messages himself on ichat to spy on his roommate, finds gay sex (kind of semi illegal). then he decides to put it on blast on twitter (more illegal), so that, even though he did not explicitly state it, anyone could have viewed the gay sex.

second time, gay suicide kid asks him to leave again. this time, ravi actually moved his computer or cam or whatever to get a better view of it, and put it on blast on twitter before it happened, telling everyone to message him to see some gay sex (super illegal). although this time, he failed (i.e. attempted), because gay kid caught on and axed the webcam feed.

read ravi's original twitter posts here
How a College Kid Livestreamed His Roommate Having Gay Sex, Possibly Causing a Suicide

gay suicide kid gay forum posts about it here
Is This Webcam Spying Victim Tyler Clementi's Last Call for Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
Invasion of privacy ends when you are in a dorm room with a roommate. A dorm is a shared domicile and a sock on the door handle does not instantly make it a private domicile. If you've ever done dorm life you'd know that.
legally, you are completely and utterly wrong. just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf
Second. The only reason he checked it out is because his roommate came to him and requested to be alone. No one knew he was "gay" until the camera rolled. As far as Ravi knew he was getting drunk or doing drugs illegally, or making bombs. Dead homo was considered a loner.

A hate crime must have premeditation to persecute. "I did this crime against you because I knew you were gay" Again no one knew until the tape rolled.
see above - ravi's twitter post regarding second gay sex encounter. certainly "premeditated" in terms of mens rea, although "intentionally" is probably the word in the statute.

Quote:
Third. This whole "streaming" it live to the internet thing sounds bogus. Maybe Ravi checked on his webcam through the internet and thus it's "streaming sex tape over internet" but I doubt 50 people logged into this random webcam because that would require server hardware. I do think 20 people may have piled into "co conspirator" chick's room and watched it while offering commentary.
see above - 1. ravi's twitter post regarding second gay sex encounter; 2. webcam feed was through ichat; anyone who messages you can see it

Quote:
The whole sitting down in a room with his parents is ridiculous. Ravi did not ruin this kids life. He was a closet homo that jumped off a bridge. HE ruined his own life when HE hit the water. He jumped off that bridge because he got caught playing tonsil hockey with another guy. IT WAS HIS OWN ACTIONS HE COULDN'T LIVE WITH. No one else's. Personal responsibility. It's not society's fault or ravi's fault or the internets fault. It's his fault.
actually, if you read gay suicide kid's forum posts (link above) he doesn't seem suicidally upset about the whole deal. more like, "i'm fucking annoyed, i'm going to complain to RA and get a new roommate assigned." it's a bit of a mystery as to why he killed himself. it's something not in the media reports; maybe family related? at any rate, i hope you use this as a lesson in the dangers of forming strong opinions based on nothing except your own assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
Somebody help me understand why this was a hate crime Like so many people are trying to portray it and even pursue it in court as such?
it should be clear from ravi's twitter. he didn't say, "lol hey msg me to see my roommate having sex." yes, a common college prank (which would still be highly illegal btw). he said, "msg me to see my SNIP gay roommate being a goddamn SNIP; fuck my room is dirty." well, not in so many words.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote