View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 07:13 AM   #20
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedone View Post
What is wrong with Gays having equal rights? Are you trying to say it is fine to discriminate someone based on their sexual orientation? I think you need to go back a few years and re read what happened in the Matthew Sheppard case. Thicker skin? how about more understanding? more civility to our common man/woman.
There is nothing wrong with gays having equal rights. Please do not twist my fucking words. I know you are smarter that to assume that i implied that. I just don't think openly gay people should be protected from ridicule. A gay man ought to be equal just like me and all his life choices ought to be open to ridicule just like mine. I'm very upset by the fact that society has built special protections for certain groups. Thats is not equality or equal rights.

Quote:
His life is over, what else do you want to take from him? They are not prosecuting the kid who taped him for murder. Only invasion of privacy. Not sure what else/less you want to happen.
i want people to view him as a selfish ass just like every other idiot that commits suicede, not some fucking martyre as he will be portrayed.

Quote:
Milking sensitivity system? How does acceptance hurt the common good? I think people need to go back and really read history and what has happened, the more integrated and accepting we become as a nation, the stronger.
Acceptance is great but it comes with time. All the protections from something as simple as ridicule is only hurting progress. I think you need to look at the history going on right now in the world and how much resentment of the special protection of the different races is hindering their acceptance, gays are no different. Gay isn't completely socially accepted yet. That doesn't mean the legal system should try to force it, it's only causing harm. People will slowly journey outside their comfort zone and accept all people in their own time(it might take generations). But it has to be allowed to happen, not forced. The legal system forcing acceptance is only creating resentment towards these groups.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote