View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #19
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
^ As insensitive as that slew was I actually agree with alot of the points you made. College isn't a place conduce to sensitivity to everyone's everything. it can't be reallyn not the way it's conducted now. Homosexual sensitivity is approaching racial sensitivity in this country and both need to stop. Thicker skin would definitely promote progress instead of pandering everyone who is "different".
What is wrong with Gays having equal rights? Are you trying to say it is fine to discriminate someone based on their sexual orientation? I think you need to go back a few years and re read what happened in the Matthew Sheppard case. Thicker skin? how about more understanding? more civility to our common man/woman.

Quote:
I'm a little pissed that the guy that jumped isn't responsible for his death even though he committed suicide. In a way this is another case of lack of personal responsibility in this country.
His life is over, what else do you want to take from him? They are not prosecuting the kid who taped him for murder. Only invasion of privacy. Not sure what else/less you want to happen.

Quote:
There's alot of tension towards "protected groups" like gays,races, etc. in spoken conversation lately. I think there is a growing underlying resentment towards these groups of people by the general public. Average Joe might be getting tired of people from these groups getting special attention. Just a thought. I know many people personally who I'd never have thought to be prejudiced to be very much so. Not in an unjustified sense but in the sense that certain groups are milking this whole sensitivity system. All these "strides towards acceptance" might just blow up their faces one day in the not so distant future.
Milking sensitivity system? How does acceptance hurt the common good? I think people need to go back and really read history and what has happened, the more integrated and accepting we become as a nation, the stronger.
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote