View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
Ravi is dead homo's room mate. Ravi was using his OWN laptop in his own room. I don't really see what Ravi is in trouble about. If he was using someone elses notebook or some hackery then I would understand a crime. Ravi did not push homo off the bridge. Infact this just looks like a really well executed prank. I hope cooler heads prevail and all the charges are dropped against them. I would file for my tuition back and damages if I had to sit through mandatory "sensitivity" training at rutgers. I goto college to learn about the degree program I elect. Not homo's feelings.
Wow....

First, it is undeniable that this is a total/absolute invasion of privacy. No where is it legal to tape someone, without their consent, especially during a sexual encounter, and then put that tape online.

Second, if the only reason this person decided to do this was because his roommate was gay, that would make it a hate crime. However, this may be much more difficult to prove. And so far, it seems that the prosecutor is not pushing to go that route.

I think the maximum sentence for invasion of privacy is 5 years. Clearly this guy did not know this kid would commit suicide, however, it is an intensely cruel thing to do to someone, he will most likely plea out to a year or two in prison, then, hopefully, the family will bring a civil case against him (Intentional/Negligent Infliction of Emotion Distress just to name a couple).

Mandatory sensitivity training? You do realize that internet bullying has become somewhat of an "epidemic" and is a lot more vicious then say "regular" bullying. This "prank" caused a kid to jump off a bridge, now I am not saying that this was the intent of the "prankster" however, I did hear this on NPR earlier but the kid who committed suicide said his reason was because he did not want his parents to find out he was gay because someone posted a "sex tape" and he just could not live knowing that. I would hope by the time you are in college you should be mature enough (god... hopefully) to realize that this type of stuff is ridiculous and flat out wrong. Maybe people should have to sit through a session where his family and friends speak to you (if you go to Rutgers) hopefully you would learn how awful this kind of stuff is and how this "prank" destroyed this kid's life, friends, and family.
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote