View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #24
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
any particular reason why you went with poly subframe bushings over solid?
While not speaking for him, I know I personally went with them to keep noise down, while performance there. To be quite honest, the durameter of the ES stuff is very hard, and I can't particularly see a huge advantage of the aluminum, at least in my lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
Not sure what else he could upgrade for about the same amount of money.... every quality adjustable part costs a good amount. Looks like a good "stockish" build.
My comment was directed at trimming the top of the subframe bushings down (and the metal sleeve), possibly filling the subframe with foam while it's out (great cheap modification), maybe welding some gussets on the OE lower control arms to replicate 'nismo' ones, etc etc...small things. It wasn't meant as a 'you're doing it wrong' but more of a 'while it's out, maybe address these issues' kinda thing.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote