View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #3068
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdumbxguyx View Post
going to pick up a tig soon was wondering which one u guys perfered or had experience with either the diversion 180 or the syncrowave 200. buying new so is the syncrowave worth the extra money? will be doing roll cages, ic piping, exhaust, manifolds.
Actually I am wondering this same thing!?! I have wanted to get a TIG for years now, but have never pulled the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
First off. How much welding experience do you have?
This should be a big factor. If you have little to no experience. Don't spend extra money on things you don't need. Or try welding a safety system (IE roll cage) for that matter. You'll most likely harm someone.

If you have a decent amount, or a lot of experience. Buy the one with the most bells and whistles... Then use every bit of it to your advantage.
For me personally, I would rather only have to buy something once... rather than getting good with a cheaper setup, only to have to pony out the cash for a nicer setup down the road. I have never used a welder period, but I'm pretty confident in my hands. There has never been a trade I couldn't do. Simply takes patience, determination and a natural skill for fabrication.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote