View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #1516
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
I just did megan adj front lca's and put my PBM knuckles on. Now my tie rods arent long enought (peak inner, wicked outer). I am thinking I might have to make my own sleeve that connects the inner to outer. The sleeve on it now is 2.5 inches long. I could use another 1.5 inches to have both ends safely threaded into the sleeve.

ALSO next problem The adj control arms adjust on the inside so if you are adding alot of length it pushes the sway bar mounts too far away to be useable....( Im not running a sway bar anyways just an FYI.

NEXT NEXT bigger problem. The mounting holes for the tensior rod are moved farther to the rear of the car so it added like 203007889 degrees of caster to the front almost to the point where I have my tension rods fully maxed out on length and still have a bit too much caster which is taking away from angle due to ackerman and making the knuckle max out hitting the lca before the rack is maxed out.

THE PLUS is with the spacers on the lca + the pbm knucks my tie rods,lca and tension rods are all very very close to horizontal.....

If someone could shoot me some links or info on what can help me out on the tie rod thing and tension rod thing before i have to resort to making stuff.