View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #1648
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4y0u View Post
what kind of vacuum at idle are u guys getting with the 2871 and 264 cams? thought was low so i did a leak test and i have no leaks at all...but ihave low vacuum at idle
Did you reset mechanical timing? This is usually always the issue with cam swaps in cars. Even if you stab the CAS correctly, timing can still be off. You'd probably be best resetting timing and then going from there. Also, raising idle a hair can also help (as said above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
does anyone with the gt28 have compressor surge at all? i just installed a tial bov and after doing some reasearch...i learned that even after i get the bov tuned as best i can i will still experience surge in vacuum/low boost.
Sidenote: GT series turbos and their ball bearing CHRA's are very resistant to surge damage

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote