View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 AM   #10
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Yes. Yes. Fucking Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
So I wonder if this is going to be the real movie??
Looks like it just might be.

What is Mortal Kombat: Rebirth? - ComingSoon.net

Quote:
What is Mortal Kombat: Rebirth?
Source: Latino Review
June 8, 2010

Speculation has run rampant today with the debut of a short "Mortal Kombat" film (subtitled "Rebirth") that made its way anonymously to YouTube. Now, Latino Review reports that the film is, as many theorized, a test for a potential R-rated film reboot of the video game franchise.

The short is directed by Kevin Tancharoen, the director of last year's Fame, and features a cast that includes name actors like Michael Jai White (Jax), Jeri Ryan (Sonya Blade), Matt Mullins (Johnny Cage), Lateef Crowder (Baraka) and Ian Anthony Dale (Scorpion) with fight choreography by Larnell Stovall.

Though there is no guarantee that these actors will play the characters in a feature film version or even that a feature film will actually happen, the short is already a huge success online, with the word "Kombat" already a trending topic on Twitter.
Director of the short Kevin Tancharoen is a newcomer with some not so great movies as of now, but maybe his could be the beginning of a good run for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
No, no, no. I heard it was supposed to be cut scenes from the video game that's coming out pretty soon. But at the same time I'm sure some executives are seeing the hype it created and are planning to make this a movie especially the recent success of Batman.
Definitely, with the amount of momentum this is getting on the internet it would be crazy not to! I hope this starts a trend of "testing the waters" so to speak with movies that should be made, but for some reason studios think viewers are not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceyang View Post
johnny cage, noooooooooooo !
That's what I said! lol

exitspeed, +1,000.000 imaginary rep for you sir! This made my night, thanks for posting.