View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 12:49 AM   #850
mmdb
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
mmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymore
Just a minor update on the driftworks spindles. I've aligned my car with minor toe in in the rear, zero toe in front, 2 degrees of neg camber all around, and 6 degrees of neg caster in front. With the DW spindles I feel that the tire is being used better through the corner. Turn in is crisp, mid corner feels neutral, and the best part to me is the corner exit has a tad bit of understeer. I can confidently punch the car out of corners much harder and sooner with these babies. Without the rear spindles the car would love to kick its rear ass out on corner exit.

In pursuit of a better gripping car I removed the rear sway bar as a means to give it more grip on corner exit. I plan on dropping the rear spring rates from 7kg down to bout 6kg (currently on loaner shocks.. feels like 6kg or even 5kg), running the oem stock sway bar, and maybe upping the front sway bar setting from mid to the inner most hole (running progress sway bars). I'm running 265/18/35 re01r's all around.