View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 12:37 AM   #7
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
OK brah, if u actually read the thread and not just the title you can see it plainly says

and not asking what bases/jobs there are. I already know that there are three army bases. Ive googled this shit all day and havent found any info of what im looking for

Im asking if anyone basically has information on the likelyhood of me getting the job there when I do my MOS/station wishlist. So thank you for your irrelevant post

kthxbye
K dude brah,

Way to miss the point of my post. You're clearly officer material.

Your likelihood of getting a certain job on a certain base is based upon manpower needs (specifically of a smaller subset of military personnel), which is almost completely impossible to measure without inside knowledge of manpower needs, rotation dates and projected incoming manpower.

In other words, it's inscrutable.

My point was (obviously not-so-clearly-stated) at the bottom of the post.

You are far more likely to end up in Korea than Japan, regardless of your job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
well from what i was told by my recruiter, they go down your wishlist and if they have an opening for your MOS then they'll take you...if not, next on the list, goes on until they find a place that needs you
Mostly true, but anyone that takes the words of their recruiter at face value is looking to buy some oceanfront property in Kansas.

For me in the USMC, both times I requested duty stations, I received the LAST option I chose.

But they gave me one of the ones I chose, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Just trying to get an idea
Good luck with that.

Final note - I fear for the future of US soldiers being led by people who sign correspondence 'kthxbye'.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote