View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #841
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Quoted from Baller Bolts:

We are the first company to bring you - Titanium Dress Up Kits, Full Suspension Hardware Upgrades, Full OEM replacement hardware kits. Our kits are designed to far exceed standard OEM fastener ratings. All of our titanium fasteners are Grade 5 (6AL-4V) and are heat treated to a yield strength of 140 KSI. We also have titanium fasteners that exceed 160 KSI in our titanium aircraft section. All of our alloy steel fasteners meet or exceed grade 10.9 and most are 12.9 grade.
That seems kinda sketch to me.

I don't like after treating. It makes the bolt stronger but more brittle. How are they testing the strength? Grade 5 is 81KSI and they're treating them to 140? I would rather have Grade 7 Ti-0.2Pb or Grade 12 Ti-0.3Mo-0.8Ni over heat treated Grade 5 Ti-6Al-4V.

10.9 and 12.9 are metric classes. I dunno if this is a typo or they are using standard grade and metric classes interchangeably.

I hate breaking bolts.