View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
old school
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
old school is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Nice job, car looks pretty good. i agree could use a "little" something. but the power more then makes up for it.

do you have any track times/videos of the car back when it was on bolt-on's and nitrous?
I do somewhere, but I have no idea what I did with the thumb drive. Its been 4 years. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What I just said was just as true.

Obviously a manufacturer is going to share parts and try to utilize as much as it can from high-development cost parts like Heads, Blocks et al.

Did you know the 370Z also shares a chassis with the G37 which is also a Skyline in Japan!?! ZOMFG!
Almost. Wheel base is longer in the G. Always has been. They hold the same engine/tranny (2wd) as the G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
I am just interested to know why the torque starts dropping off so early....

I really don't know much about these motors/setups, but what caught my eye was:

HOLY SHIT 500 ft-lbs of torque at 4000 RPM!!!!!!!!

But then why is is down to 400 ft-lbs already by 6500????

Is there anything that can be done to keep the torque curve from starting to fall as earlier as it currently is?

Nonetheless, 400 ft-lbs at the wheels at 6500 RPM is still insane!!!!!!!!!
the curve is dictated by the turbos. If I want the torque to keep rising, I will need bigger turbos. These turbos are good to 650-700 just on boost. Bigger turbos also means the power band will shift further down the line...so you wait longer for boost. I get full boost at 2700rpms...I don't even feel lag. ANd I use this car for road racing / time attack more than anything else...so I need that midrange. Never feels like the torque drops off...cuz hp keeps on coming.
old school is offline   Reply With Quote