Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 AM   #143
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
Curtis....

can I ask you a HUGE favor, por favor (and I think it will help a whole bunch of others as well)

Is there ANY way you could (or your buddy) mock up the turbo on the OEM log manifold, just so we can see how close the wastegate flange sits to the firewall/strut tower area?

If the lines aren't hooked up, this should only take a few minutes and would be a MONSTER favor to all of us waiting to see how this will fit but want to keep the OEM manifold.

PLEASE!?!?!?!?????

EDIT:

BONUS points if you could post pics of a measurement (ruler or tape measure) from the wastegate flange to the nearest obstruction!!!!!! (with turbo on OEM exhaust mani)
I will definately get a pic for you guys with the measureing tape but i think im just going to purchase 2 V band flanges and make a 90* angle and then put it on it should work fine then, i was about to give up and get a Mazworks T3 manifold and a .82 hotside and try to get around the 460 range with E-85 and decent timing i think its possiable would prolly suite the Tomei 270's better also.

About the OEM manifold ill contact my buddy and see if he can get a mock up with my stock manifold. I'm actually thinking about selling the megan manifold with the EWG V44 housing i dont really have the time to have something made for the wastegate .

Last edited by S13 curtis; 04-26-2010 at 04:19 AM..
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote