View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #135
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I didn't say they did, I said theoretically they do. Each cylinder's VE differs from the one next to it because of differences in intake/exhaust runner lengths and such.

I didn't miss your point. Think of where each runner joins up as a collector instead of an individual ex runner. So, as a collector, all cyl's dump into it and essentially reduce backpressure to all cyl's not just one. The side with the gate may see a bit higher reduction in backpressure, but it's not going to be a significant difference between the other two ex runners. Only "true" twinscrolls will have cyl's paired up, hence why the majority of them run twin wastegates.
Okay, I'm glad you understood what I meant...I am probably just overanalyzing the situation....and the effects I am mentioning are probably not very large then.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote