View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #128
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
I am probably being paranoid, but even in that synapse manifold, it looks like the wastegate would be pulling air more from cylinders 2 and 3 bc of where it is.

I REALLY like the idea of having the wastegate flange on the housing :-)
The location of the wastegate isn't going to "pull" more air from cyl's 2 and 3. Each runner pulses the same amount theoretically, this can change based on cyl health. But you are forcing air out of that port. Air travels in the path of least resistance, so it's going to want to go out of the port regardless of where it's mounted. The same amount of air is going to leave once the gate opens and stays open to bleed off the manifold pressure. There's really a minimal chance of "leaning" out a cyl because too much air is coming out of the wastegate port. You just won't make boost.