View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #121
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
i read something about the expansion of the air going out of the intercooler into a 3 inch pipe when it comes in from a smaller pipe also helps drop the temp of the air going into the engine.

i wonder how hard it would be to geta bottom mount tubular manifold and weld o na External gate flange up a in the same location as on a top mount manifold seems liek it should would good
I strongly don't like this idea because I feel like there is a good chance that when you do this, there is a chance of significantly reducing backpressure on one cylinder more than another, potentially leaning that cylinder out.

Or if you install it, and then tune, you could be losing power bc maybe you are tuning according to knock on the one cylinder that is flowing more than the others.

I think setups with a flange off of the collector or off of the housing (even better) would be safer.

Just my 2 cents.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links