View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
LegitSeller
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (19)
LegitSeller is an unknown quantity at this point
SR SR20 with no spark only cranks. Help me please!!

I searched the forums and alot of people have the exact same problem as I do, so i would read their threads and test the advice in them but nothing works for me!

Heres the problem:

I have a 91s13 had a ka in it, I bought a 13 blacktop sr E5 ecu and did the swap myself.

Got it all ready tried cranking it and I hear the fuel pump prep itself when it's "ON" but it just keeps cranking and cranking. I smell fuel coming out of the exhaust manifold and when a sparkplug/coilpack is out fuel puffs out of the head,

So I have fuel.

I thought it was my ecu. Used my friends redtop ecu. No luck
I thought it was my ignitor chip. Used my friends chip and ecu. No luck

I checked for spark by pullin the coil and the plug and cranking but there is none.

So I thought it was my coilpack harness. Got mine off. Got one that was used 2 weeks ago on a running sr, so it works for sure. Checked my grounds tested for power, I have 12 volts in the middle wire. Cranked, but nothing.

Thought I fried a coilpack so I switched 2 of them, tested for spark. Nothing.

I thought it was my crank angle sensor. So I took it out. Messed up my timing real bad. And I guess it wasn't even that. So I opened the head put the chain to TDC aligned the pully to the second notch put the CAS back in with perfect timing. Cranked. Nothing.

The battery has power to push the motor. 12point something volts. I switch it between my second 13 I just got that had a dead battery. So the battery works.

I've searched google, zilvia, Nico, etc. For "sr no spark" "just cranks" and so on for help but I am so stuck now. Anybody have any suggestions? I put the motor in just how I got it. I can't see the problem now and it's frustrating the fck out of me.

Thanks,
LegitSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links