View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #1582
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
how high can you turn up the fuel pressure with the nismo FPR?
It's got an adjustable screw right on top. This raises/lowers Fuel Pressure.

(this is from my turbo Altima, as it's a decent picture in relation to showing it)

That screw on top adjusts the base fuel pressure for your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneoverwrx View Post
woah....Im not trying to have a pissing match here, i read somewhere over a year ago that someone had a hard time keeping the nismo regulator to hold pressure. Not sure which forum or which thread.
Neither am I, so I excuse my tone persay -- I often type things bluntly. My point does stay the same though abotu the Nismo units. Certainly objects fail...I mean even new cars blow up...but that should not be taken for the norm.

Quote:
I agree that upping the base pressure would help the issue but as stated before...im having no issues at stock pressure. If i do...i will post up.
I run stock pressure as well. That's not so much the importance of the FPR in our situation. Certainly it can help make a global correction, but the main job is to provide reliable 1:1 fuel to boost delivery (one psi of fuel per one psi of boost) compared to the stock on. Will the stock one work? Certainly, to a degree. Most stock cars won't have an issue. Some 300/400 hp guys dont' either. The fact remains that it's still a 1:1 regulator, just without adjust ability.

I think that is where we were confused with each other, honest internet mistake

Quote:
Why not wish me luck and see what happens.....who here....in this thread, right now has tried this and failed???Because i have tried it...use it on every nice day and it works! When the track opens i will be able to tell you all first hand exactly what happens. Probably start with 110 octane and about 23psi and see where we go from there. If i need the meth at that point i will use it and if i dont, i wont.
My point was (again just a mis understanding on both our parts) that while you may have a stock regulator, it still raises fuel pressure 1:1 like Nismo does. The issue is, stock ones are known not to control higher pressure situations well.

And again, I never want to wish for anyones car to have an issue - in the same respect I also am not going to wish luck on a wishy washy idea - I'd rather you be safe than sorry. If it works, great. Awesome. Congrats - but that doesn't make it right foreveryone. Trust me, when I saw I sprayed a 150 dry shot through the MAF of a rental Grand Marquis, it worked....would I sugest all owners to do this? Certainly not.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote