View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #1576
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneoverwrx View Post
I guess i will just have to learn the hard way. Did it for a season and a half on a different car and ran faster than probably everyone in this thread(2871 users).

On the other car we were on 17 psi and we started having fuel pump issues, thought it was injector so he bought 850s then realized it was wiring to the pump. On this car with good wiring to the pump, same exact set of sti injectors i am a full point richer at wot throughout the range at 1psi more boost. Put this car on 110, on this same tune at 18psi, will probably be in the 10s(afr). As far as duty cycles go....no way to log them, if i do start having an issue i have a meth kit which will allow me to pull fuel out once again.

I will say this...I have not been around nissans a whole lot, i have been around hondas and subarus for quite a while, the sti injectors on a stock sti will support 325+whp....thats to all four, another thing is the efficiency of the suby motor.....junk compared to just about any Inline 4 motor. AWD loss is roughly 30% so a 300whp sti make approx 428 on the flywheel. Assuming a 15% loss for rwd Mt cars you would end up at 364whp....this is before you look at efficiency of the sr over the ej.

I may be thinking about this all wrong but i am using what i currently have. At 18psi and my correction on the safc in the 7-8 range towards redline, i am in the mid 11s(afr) I believe that the car is roughly at 330-350whp, judging by the way it has ran with a few local cars. I also believe at this power/boost level the car should trap in the 115-117 range, i could leave it there and it would still be impressive for a stock sr on a 2871.

One last thing, I understand the way things work with tuning a car. I have seen this setup work well in the past with no failures. What i am doing is simply testing the waters of these injectors, this turbo, an addition of a meth kit, and ect. I dont even know how this turbo will act above 18psi. Im sure it wont mind a couple more psi but not sure if the efficiency will be there at 25. Should be but who knows. This is also NOT my only car, if it blows up...im not really that worried about it. In no way am i trying to encourage people to use this setup. I absolutely hate the safc as you are so limited by everything that you can adjust/tune. I will encourage this setup for someone who doesnt have the money for a real ems, at 15-18 psi, it is solid. Keep an eye on your wideband and understand how an safc works and you will be fine.
Atleast get an adjustable FPR or something i would hate to see you lean it out and waste the motor.
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote