View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #423
mmdb
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
mmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripTerror View Post
Does the car feel more compliant/comfortable/grippy so far in the front (I know you didnt install the rears).

Give us some beef on how it feels so far Cmon And I wouldn't raise it that's like perfect
There's much less roll throughout the turn (entry, mid, exit). I find it to be very confidence inspiring. When I purposely power oversteer during mid or corner exit I find it much easier to countersteer, recover and gain control. This because of the shorter steering ratio allows myself to quickly provide steering input via less effort.

As for comfort raising roll center adds resistance to roll. Similar to increasing spring rates, or sway bar stiffness. But in contrast to running higher spring rates, you might be able to lower your spring rate and gain driving comfort while using some sort of roll center correction. But there's also the issue of nose diving during braking, so you might not be able to lower the spring rate too much.

In summary to the roll center interests, I'd highly recommend investing into roll center correction such as what DW provides or a custom route (there's a few examples over on nissanroadracing.com, DW or others out there). I'd put it up there with running coilovers or sway bars. It's extremely effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Back to the discussion at hand... what's the weight on the rear uprights? I weighed Z32s at about 6.5 lbs less than stock iron uprights per side.
The DW rear knuckles weigh in at ~10.8lbs each. The stock knuckles surprising weighed in the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerbike View Post
MMDB, what shocks are you using? You can't raise ride height? Or you can't raise ride height enough to compensate how much the spindle raised the wheel?

On Topic, I tried 'super low' ride height on my car for a few weeks, maybe 2 months, i don't remember. The front gave me troubles at full lock, the rack didn't center itself and in the rack started moving side to side under turning load. The rear didn't feel any different. I raised the front one collar width (8mm or so) and it fixed all three problems. Definitely not worth the style.

Sadly, the reason I raised it was so I could fit a taller tire, not because I had problems. Stupid drifter..
I can adjust height, but it's maxed out... saddly lol.

Last edited by mmdb; 02-01-2010 at 12:02 AM..
mmdb is offline   Reply With Quote