View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #130
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
there is an fsm sport compact car put together for people that needed info on how to work on an sr20 in english... it also happens to have the information for the digital climate control in english...

the wire colors of course dont match.

because the manual and auto climate controls are wired up differently.

also in the instructions in the write up tells you 2 of the wires on the back plug of the dcc will have to be split so all of the positions switch correctly.

I've done a continuity test on all of my stuff, i tried re-pinning it to it's manual configuration.

having the pictures side by side. you can tell which wires you needed to cross. Because i don't have my multimeter here, i cant tell which is which right now and have to go plug and play.

the document name is s14_sr20det_fsm.pdf

UPDATE
Alright, I unloomed the harness... and after double checking and triple checking, quadruple testing, 2 things were swapped around... at the dcc end. w/o either of these items it would not move into any other mode. After checking and checking, and testing and testing.

and even verifying all wiring is spot on.

It's safe to say there is a break in the wire for defrost. i get 35 no matter which configuration pin 1 and 4 are in. there is either a break in the wire leading up to the mode door motor, or something else is mixed in there that shouldn't (like a ground.) so I'm just going to pull the wire and re-do it.

FINAL UPDATE
Until I have a voltmeter in hands to measure, I will safely assume the dcc will never go to defrost mode because the unit itself is defective, there is no way or reason why it is not going into defrost mode. It's 1 wire that splits into two. (l/w to l/o&l/w) no other flash necessary. every other mode works 31,32,33,34,36,37,38,39 ALL GOLD...

I'm going to try swapping the green wires right now, and i got errors 31,32,33,35.... put em back, just 35...

if i swap around 2 and 5. defrost works, and every other mode doesn't.

another note I would like to add. none of these wires are crossed, everything is spot on with the guide.

when you change it to blow air in your face... that door stays shut (big front flap) defroster opens at about 2 percent. put air on your feet, that works just fine.

hit the defrost button, full on air blast to your face.

fml.

Last edited by Om1kron; 01-23-2010 at 06:00 AM..
Om1kron is offline   Reply With Quote