View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #15
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
I think it will be just fine. This motor dosent have many miles on it from when it was purchased from pops at allversion. it came out of a clip with a hair over 41,000 kilometers back in 2004, besides codyace has a bone stock motor pushing 409whp for more than a year or 2 im pretty sure.I'm also running an AEM EMS not a S-AFC.

But if it does take a shit, I will just order darton sleeves and 90mm 9:0:1 pistons along with other goodies. thats my .02 on it.
Well, not entirly true:

I put forged CP pistons (86mm stock bore, 8.5 compression stock) in the motor now for 3 years on stock rods. I melted a hole in a piston shortly after those first video'd dyno pulls lol. I was WOT, 20 psi, going from 3rd to 4th when it felt like an intercooler coupler popped. Did some quick troubleshooting on the side of the highway, and then drove it off (shitty, sputtering, crappy) to an exit where I was seeing if a coil died. Everythign was workign, so I knew something BAD happened. Drove it to eat, drove it home (35 miles), and beat the fuck out of it as it was fubar by my book. Ripped the head off that same night to find the 'wussiest' blown engine ever. My 'theory' of to why it exploded was that the big intake gromets popped up around the injector, causing it to go lean. Wideband was perfect mid 11's all the time. I ended up getting a special cover for the greddy rail and haven't had an issue since.

What I did to fix the gromet

The new (well not new, as it's got near 18,000 miles on the motor) motor has been fine since, and this was the motor I went 11.65 @ 120 with (1.88 60'). I wish I had more practice and more than 3 runs as I know I'd have that 60 into the low 1.6's, and have the times in the damn low 11's.

Aside from that, it's nothign fancy. Jim Wolf Tune, Jim Wolf S3 cams, and the basic bolt ons. No headwork, no fancy bottom end work either, as I do all the work and don't have the tooling or the knowhow to get fancy with anything.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote