View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #307
mmdb
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
mmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhatchy92 View Post
Have you guys ever heard of filling the chassis with filling foam to stiffen the chassis(like a roll cage). I have heard of it but just want to know if any one has done it so I can get some advice or pros an cons.
Check Freshalloy.com. Someone did a bit of analysis bout it. My friend who's done it swears it adds significant stiffness.

Back to roll center talk. I got off the phone with Driftworks. I hope my phone bill doesn't kill me. Anyway, I ordered the hubs from them. I know some folks here have been debating about the design and what not, but I figured, what the hell. I'll give it a try. If anyone wants to do some analysis on them then I'd be more than happy to take my car, once they're installed, and spend a few hours plotting dynamic suspension changes (ie toe, camber, steering ackerman, etc).

I'm anticipating that I will most likely remove the rear sway bar with the increase in roll center and maybe decrease the rear spring rate from 7kg down to 6kg or lower to compensate for the added roll resistance. I'm basing this on my previous modification when I installed moonface roll center adjusters in the rear which added ~15mm of height to the rear spindle. Doing so definitely did add to the rear roll resistance, which felt excellent during corner entry. I'll follow up with my opinion once I get these installed.