View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #208
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknolust72 View Post
Oh ok, thats what I thought. I know Kawabata's GP Sports 180SX uses BNR34 rear spindles for weight savings too, but I thought there was some other "black magic" going on under there....lol

Anyway, I wanted to share with you guys this scan from Doriten of the modified rear spindles that Team Evolution uses on their cars:

I noticed the toe arm position being moved; does the Driftworks one do that too?

If someone wants the hi-res/4mb file, I can email it.
What they're doing there is the same thing the JIC team (and that S15 that KA-turbo posted) does. They're cutting off the toe and coilover mount and re-welding them lower. This makes the toe arm parallel with the lower control arm and corrects your toe curve when really low.

I think they move the coilover mount just so they don't have to max out the lowness on the coilover.

The lower control arm ball joint might be a little lower there too. This would correct roll center a hair.

Just a side note, but that lower control arm that they "made" looks janky.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote